The process of opening an eToro demo account is just the same as opening a real account. These 2 types of accounts are connected to the same email address that was used for the registration so regardless if you're intending to have a real or a demo account, you'll need to undergo the same sign-up method.
To open an account, here are the steps to follow:
- Go to etoro.com and then click on "Join Now". This will open the sign-up page.
- Enter your desired username, password and the email address that you'd like to use for this account.
- Click on "Create Account".
- You now have an eToro account and this 'will take you to the main platform screen.
- To access the demo account, look for the "Real" link with an arrow down on the left side of the screen and click on it.
- Choose "Virtual Portfolio" from the list.
- A pop-up notification will appear telling you that you're going to switch to the virtual portfolio. Click on "Go to Virtual Portfolio".
- You will be taken to the platform in demo mode.
If you'd like to open a demo account now, you can click here.